Tuesday, July 01, 2008

book in a day!

I never said i would be good at this blogging stuff.. sorry!

so anyway.. i read the coolest little book today.. it was called "the short and mysterious death of amy zoe mason" by kristine and joyce atkinson. It was a little artsy book, with a bit of a mystery and an overall very cool look. I can think of a handful of people that would just love it.

The other day i finished reading the secret life of bees.. and you know what? i didn't like it much.. there were good parts.. don't get me wrong. I thought it covered several issues pretty well..but there was other elements that just sucked!.. I just could not connect with this book, and if i had not been reading it with a friend, i would not have finished it at all!..

up next is david gutersons book snow falling on cedars. Ive started it, im on chapter 2.. and im not sure really if anything has happened yet... it is very very very slow going. Im hoping for the best. I picked up a second book to read when i just can't do snow falling. my alternative is "the old maid" by edith wharton. this one is going very fast, even though not much is happening in this one either.

oh well, life is good...

No comments: