Wednesday, October 10, 2007

pink dosn't stink....

OK. .. i finished the secret history of the pink carnation last night. It didn't stink. it had a lot of good things in it. it kept my attention.. and so what if there was a bit too much romance thrown in.. that's what makes a good book a good book for some people.. not me though. I liked the little twist at the end. I'm not going to give anything away if that's what you are reading this blog to find out. you are just going to have to read the book for yourself.

OK. so its October now. its supposed to be a scary month full of ghouls and bumps in the night so i figure why not read a scary book too. I've already read the typical Dracula and Frankenstein.. so I'm getting a bit crazy this year. This year I'm taking on Elizabeth Kosteva's The historian. I didn't think i would ever crack this book.. mostly because of all the negative things i heard about it.. mostly that it was slow going and a bit boring.. but i am willing to at least try it. My friend Jen is going to read it along with me. we figure if we don't like it by page 100 then it will be time to give up on it. so far at page 18 it doesn't feel so bad yet.


No comments: